What if our homes and churches went from being primarily sites of consumption to places of production, as the scholar and priest Ivan Illich suggested? What if we planted church-supported community gardens, permaculture parishes, Transition churches, and apostolic farms that fed entire neighborhoods. What if seminaries trained every futur epastor in the agrarian arts, ecological literacy and sunshine-powered living? What if church lawns stopped being dumping grounds for pesticides and petro-fertilizers and started growing zucchini and heirloom tomatoes for the local homeless shelter?
My prayer for the church is that we will stretch our eucharistic imaginations and see that the sacrament of Christ’s body and blood doesn’t end at the altar. God’s communion spreads outward into the fields, the creeks and rivers, the gardens and farms which feed us, out to the stranger on the road and back again to the lifted elements. Had we the ‘conviction of things not seen,’ we would recognize this seamless flow of nutrients both visible and invisible, profane and holy [Heb 11:1]. And we would be changed.”
dick-of-saint-vick said: Not sure if this sent the first time, but FIBIONACCI SEQUENCE GO. (1, 1, 2, 3, 5...) Yes, that is TWO answers to #1.
1) Favorite books: I think I have to go with Job and Matthew. I turn to these two for guidance and strength more than any others. Job’s writing and nature imagery is incredible, as well as Matthew’s inherent and deliberate characterization of Jesus as the fulfillment of the entirety of Jewish prophecy. There are obviously a lot more reasons but those are just a few.
2) One event that has influenced my faith the most:The night of my senior prom. Let’s just say the fact I’m still alive speaks volumes about God’s grace. (For more details I’d be more than happy to respond in a private message.)
3) Christian role-model: My mom.
5) Favorite Bible name: Zipporah
8) Would you rather be shot for your faith (and die) or be tortured and live to tell of the experience?: Tortured and live to tell.
13) Favorite time of day to read the Bible: Sunrise and sunset.
21) Ever read the Bible straight through?: I’ve tried a couple of times, but always give up after a while. I think last time I gave up halfway through 2 Kings… I didn’t have any schedule or structure so it just kind of petered out.
34) What is the best thing someone has done to encourage you spiritually?: As cliche as it sounds, telling me God’s love included little gay me.
What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
Tell of a past event that has influenced your faith the most.
Who is your Christian role-model?
Who is your favorite Bible character?
What is your favorite Bible name?
If you were to participate in short-term mission trip, where would you like to go?
Favorite well-known Bible story?
Would you rather be shot for your faith (and die) or be tortured and live to tell of the experience?
What are your top three worship songs?
Your top three favorite Christian contemporary songs?
Are you a Proverbs 31 woman or a Job 29 man?
Who is your favorite current Christian speaker? (ex: Francis Chan, Beth Moore, etc.)
What is your favorite time of day to read the Bible?
In what ways has God blessed you recently?
Have you ever witnessed to someone? If so, would you do it again?
What is a prayer of yours that God has answered recently?
What do you feel God is really teaching you right now?
Any Fruit of the Spirit you know you could work on?
Do you enjoy going to church?
Which do you prefer; daily devotions or a daily Bible passage?
Ever read the Bible straight through?
What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend to beginner Bible readers?
What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend period?
When's the last time you went to church?
What is your favorite Christian holiday and why?
Name your top three favorite Christian bands, from any Christian genres.
Do you call Him the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost?
In the Lord's Prayer, do you say "forgive us our sins", "forgive us our debts", or "forgive us our transgressions"?
What is your favorite Bible Study/Sunday School moment?
Who, on tumblr, inspires your walk with Christ the most?
If you have one, what is the date of your rebirthday? (or anniversary of becoming a Christian)
Would you rather die and go to heaven or be on earth when Jesus comes again?
What is the best thing someone has done to encourage you spiritually?
Old-fashioned church services or contemporary church services?
I am a grown ass man, and I still teared up at the ending of Kingdom Hearts.
"you’re too young to know what your sexuality is" said the straight person to a queer teenager
"he’s such a ladies’ man" said the straight person about a 6 month old baby that doesn’t know what a lady is
"frozen is the first disney movie to deal with sibiling relationships and not romance"
Is that an example or a reaction?
you speak french?
say something in french!
je suis venu ici pour passer un bon moment et je suis honnêtement sentir si attaqué dès maintenant